Redacción Tokio | 02/03/2023
If you want to build a future career as part of a promising field, you might be interested in knowing the answer to ‘what is deep learning’ and how to apply it to real life. Our Python course will enable you to acquire the necessary knowledge for this discipline while opening many job opportunities for you. In this article, we will explain the keys to understanding how this algorithm works.
What is deep learning? Origin and concept
Deep learning is a structured and hierarchical automatic algorithm capable of modifying its own parameters to adapt to new tasks. In simple words: it’s an algorithm that is capable of learning on its own.
Mastering the programming of this type of algorithm facilitates all kinds of processes in real life. Without a doubt, deep learning is a form of advanced artificial intelligence that is already shaping the future of many different areas in society.
The origin of deep learning
The term “deep learning” was first used in 1974. Of course, at that time its application was not fully tested, but its bases were already settled. It was through Paul Werbos’ doctoral thesis that the existence of backpropagation neural network learning training was revealed.
The next person who delved into this form of artificial intelligence was Geoffrey E. Hinton who, after learning about the algorithm, tried to apply it to machines to simulate human learning.
Together with other scientists such as David Rumelhart, Ronal Willian, David Parker or Yam Le Cun, E. Hinton managed to advance in the development of this type of algorithm. However, it would not be until 2010 when, thanks to the advent of Big Data, its working mechanism was finally understood and started to be applied in different fields.
Our Python course will teach you to design and implement deep learning along with other artificial intelligence techniques.
Deep Learning: the operating mechanism
Understanding how deep learning works can be complex. However, we are going to try to explain it in a simple way. As we mentioned above, it is an algorithm capable of learning. This is done through three layers:
- Input layer: composed of the neurons in charge of collecting the input data, such as an image or a table with numerical data.
- Hidden layer: at this level, calculations are made to proceed to execute actions. The more data involved here, the more complexity.
- Output Layer: this is where the system makes the decisions and provides data that justifies it.
Because these are all somewhat abstract ideas and not easy to understand, let’s see an example. Imagine that the element to be analyzed is a photograph of a cat. In the first layer, the pixels are analyzed; in the second, the shapes and characteristics of the image begin to be analyzed; and in the third, a report is made of the analyzed characteristics and the result. As such: animal, four legs, tail, mustache, gray color. It can be identified as a feline.
This is a very basic example, but imagine translating this reasoning to identify tumors. Thanks to knowing the answer to ‘what is deep learning’ and how to apply it, diagnoses can be made in record time with little margin of error and translate into saving lives.
Deep learning applications
The two most relevant applications of deep learning are medicine —in carrying out diagnostic tests— and the banking sector. However, although these two uses of deep learning are a bit far from the day-to-day use of ordinary citizens, today there are daily actions that involve the use of deep learning, even for people who don’t even consider the question ‘what is the deep learning’. Let’s see some of the most important:
- Smart translators. Google has been developing deep learning for years to offer more accurate translations in different languages, both through text and voice recognition.
- Operating system assistants. Both Siri (Apple) and Cortana (Windows) use deep learning, with the goal of making interactions between users and voice assistants as human as possible.
- Orders through voice commands. When you ask your car GPS to “Go Home”, you are giving it incomplete information that it must interpret. Through machine learning, the system is able to understand what you mean by home, what the address is and how to get there.
- Facial recognition as a security measure. First it was the fingerprint on smartphones and now it is facial recognition. Far from being limited to unlocking mobile phones, the system is already used as a security method to access bank accounts or make purchases.
Become a specialized professional in deep learning
More and more people today know the answer to ‘what is deep learning’, but there are not enough trained professionals that are able to implement algorithms capable of developing this type of artificial intelligence.
Knowing that deep learning is part of the future, training in this field represents a commitment with great rewards in the long term. At Tokyo School, we commit to staying up to date with current trends, which is why we have created the Python course, a programming software with which you can develop deep learning.
What will I learn in the course?
While there are many Python applications, the following are the ones we can help you with at Tokyo School:
- Learn to use Python syntax to implement it in various projects.
- Work with standard and external libraries and frameworks.
- Make connections with databases and be in charge of file management and data structure manipulation.
- Integrate new artificial intelligence developments into computer systems.
- Design, develop and implement artificial intelligence techniques such as deep learning.
Professional opportunities after the course
You already know the applications of deep learning, but our course will help you access many jobs with great employment benefits.
- Desktop and graphical user interface creator
- General programmer: web, databases, files…
- Technological consultant on artificial intelligence development
- AI Developer
- Software Engineer and Artificial Intelligence programmer
So if you’re considering this career option, what are you waiting for? Get in touch with us to solve all your questions about our Python Programmer Course and the specialization course in Artificial Intelligence. You will not regret it!
We get you ready!
"*" indicates required fields