Redacción Tokio | 02/03/2023
Artificial Intelligence seems to be part of every conversation today. An interesting thought considering we are the last generation that is more intelligent than machines created by ourselves. Can you believe that? Well, pay attention because we are going to break down the answer to ‘what is AI’ as well as take a look at the present and future programming. Keep reading to find out!
‘Artificial Intelligence is the science and ability to create intelligent machines, especially intelligent computer programs.’ John McCarthy, renowned computer scientist.
Artificial Intelligence is the intelligence of machines obtained by combining large volumes of data, machine learning and programming, deep learning based on the emulation of brain systems and the construction of neural networks.
It is a polyhedral phrase in which phenomena such as recognition, transcription and reproduction of the human voice and sounds, among others, are added.
What is machine learning?
Machine learning refers to automatic learning or machine learning, a subfield of computer science and a branch of artificial intelligence whose objective is to develop techniques that allow computers to learn.
Even if you may have never stopped to think about this, the truth is that every day we use virtual intelligence tools that facilitate our lives.
Personal assistants help us find all types of information, manage our agenda, send emails… Through machine learning, they are able to improve their functionalities by predicting and better understanding our requests as well as the way each of us uses language.
By analyzing millions of ratings within its catalog, Netflix is able to recommend new movies/series to its users based on their tastes.
This platform uses machine learning and natural language processing to analyze unstructured customer data.
Can machines speak like men?
Back in 1950, the prestigious mathematician Alan Turing asked this exact question in his article Computing Machinery and Intelligence. Today, seventy years later, reality has provided an answer.
Artificial intelligence provides great communication, commercial and business advantages. All this has made it become an essential technology for the coming decades. Transport, education, health, culture, tourism… no sector will resist its charms.
Smart technologies can help banks detect fraud, predict market patterns and advise their customers about transactions.
AI provides information on whether a student is about to cancel their registration and can suggest new courses or create personalized offers to optimize learning.
AI makes it possible to make sales forecasts and choose the right product to recommend to the customer. Companies like Amazon use robots to identify whether or not a book will be successful, even before it’s released.
Thanks to the constant improvement of its algorithms, the company is already able to predict which products online customers are interested in by studying their online behavior.
The use of AI to fight climate change includes many types of actions, including fleets of drones capable of planting a billion trees a year to combat deforestation, unmanned underwater vehicles to detect leaks in oil pipelines, smart buildings designed to reduce energy consumption, etc.
Some specific AI platforms can, through predictive analysis, improve harvest yields and warn of adverse environmental impacts.
Logistics and Transportation
AI will be useful to avoid collisions or traffic jams and to optimize traffic.
Today, there are chatbots that ask us about our symptoms to make a diagnosis. Data collection provides help in generating patterns that help identify genetic factors susceptible to developing a disease.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the combination of algorithms designed with the purpose of creating machines that have the same capabilities as humans. A technology that is still distant and mysterious to us, it has however grown to become part of our daily lives at all times.
Types of Artificial Intelligence
Just as we know there are different artificial intelligence tools that we use regularly without being aware of it, when it comes to categorizing the intelligence of an artificial system there are different types of AI:
Systems that think like humans
They automate activities such as decision making, problem solving, and learning. Artificial neural networks are an example of this type of AI.
Systems that act like humans
These computers are able to perform tasks in a similar way to how people do them. Such is the case of robots.
Systems that think rationally
These try to emulate the rational logical thinking of humans, that is, they investigate how to make machines perceive, reason and act accordingly. Expert systems are included in this group.
Systems that act rationally
These systems try to imitate human behavior in a rational manner, such as intelligent agents.
The goal of artificial intelligence is to make people’s lives easier.
Rules governing intelligent machines
- Robots must have an emergency switch to avoid any dangerous situation.
- They will not be able to harm humans. Robotics are expressly conceived to help and protect people.
- Emotional relationships cannot be generated.
- It will be mandatory to take out insurance for larger machines. In the event of any material damage, it will be the owners who assume the costs.
- The rights and obligations of people involved will be legally classified.
- The machines will pay social security. Their entry into the labor market will impact the workforce of many companies. The robots will have to pay taxes to subsidize the unemployment they may cause.
‘There is a 90% chance that between 2075 and 2090 there will be machines as intelligent as humans.’ Nick Bostrom, Swedish philosopher
Python: the language of intelligent machines
Python currently stands as the programming language for artificial intelligence and neurons; This language is suitable for machines equipped with artificial intelligence for a number of reasons. These include the following:
- Python has a larger community providing support for it, thus being superior to Java.
- It has a number of open-source libraries that offer AI resources and which are always available.
- Python is a dynamic language, which allows for very fast programming. Likewise, it offers the opportunity to learn in a very short time if we compare it with other programming languages.
- Python offers more resources for learning AI, with many platforms providing online education through blog articles, books, courses, and more resources appearing every day.
Python is an interpreted language and does not need to be compiled. The developer can directly use it and thus apply the program. Therefore, it is considered to be a complete language.
Advantages of programming with Python
- Python as a programming language can be used by anyone in domains and technologies, because it is general.
- Python presents an automatic memory management which supports a variety of programming paradigms.
- It is available for all operating systems. In addition to this, it presents a widely-accepted open source option called CPython.
Would you like to program with Python and have intelligent machines speak the language you design them to do? Your future is awaiting for you, and we want to help you achieve it with our course for Python Programming with a specialization in Artificial Intelligence! Get in touch with us now and we will let you know about everything you need to know without obligation.
We get you ready!
"*" indicates required fields