Redacción Tokio | 23/02/2023
We have already explained on other occasions some aspects of Artificial Intelligence. A discipline that presents multiple and extending fields of study, such as machine learning or deep learning. In this article, we are going to go in depth about how Artificial Intelligence really works.
In order to do this, we will begin by defining what exactly AI is, as well as the fields that are part of this scientific discipline. We will also briefly review the main commercial applications that the development of AI is facilitating and what its potential future impact is. All in all, the aim is to provide an answer to the question ‘how does AI work’.
On the other hand, in addition to this, we will also mention the required training to understand AI and how to start a career in the field of Artificial Intelligence. An area with a multitude of opportunities for all those who want to take the plunge and get specialized training. In this sense, there are different options, such as a Python Programming course with a specialization in Artificial Intelligence.
We will also mention Python, since it is one of the most important programming languages in the development of specific algorithms for machine and deep learning and for the creation of artificial neural networks.
What is Artificial Intelligence and how does AI work?
Before going into an in-depth explanation of how Artificial Intelligence works or the algorithms designed for it, let’s see what exactly AI is. Artificial Intelligence is a set of technologies that enables machines and computer applications to imitate the development of human intelligence and learning.
AI can be thought of as a form of intelligence that is used to solve certain problems, find logical solutions or generate predictions based on the data that an algorithm developed for an AI feeds on. An Artificial Intelligence application or program is in fact able to learn from the iterative processing and training of these algorithms.
In this context, AI systems combine large data sets with specific algorithms, which are designed so that these systems can learn iteratively and identify certain patterns that provide specific solutions to the problem that has been posed.
Understanding AI as a science is fundamental to understanding its scope and impact on the development of humanity.
In order to understand how Artificial Intelligence works, it is necessary to understand that it is not an isolated field, but an entire scientific discipline. Therefore, as a science, the objective of AI is to build a computer system that can mimic human processes to solve complex tasks.
In addition to this, because it’s a scientific field, AI is made up of different fields and areas of study and different tools, techniques and technologies are also used to facilitate the achievement of its objectives. Therefore, to understand how Artificial Intelligence works in depth, it is necessary to see each of the fields that are part of it.
Techniques and fields of work within Artificial Intelligence
There are different working disciplines within the field of Artificial Intelligence:
- Machine Learning: Machine learning is a practical application for the development of programs and applications that provide solutions through an algorithm that works using a specific database. Thus, in this case, patterns are found in the loaded data and solutions to a given problem are generated.
- Deep Learning: This is a specific type of machine learning that allows AI to learn on its own by processing data. In this case, artificial neural networks are used, which imitate the design of the human brain. Antagonistic generating networks represent an example of deep learning.
- Cognitive computing: This is yet another Artificial Intelligence system that is designed to imitate human interactions. This discipline studies how to apply human models within the development of AI.
- Natural language processing: Computational linguistics is becoming increasingly important, especially in the development of voice assistants or chats managed by an AI. Thanks to advances in natural language processing, AI systems can be developed that recognize, analyze, interpret and understand human language. In addition to this, the aim is that they learn and imitate human forms of communication.
Research in Deep Learning applied to artificial vision is yet another of the outstanding fields within the development of Artificial Intelligence, that is, the development of applications that are capable of recognizing and interpreting images and videos.
AI applications today and the prospects for the future
AI is not something new, but a science that has been developing since the beginning of the 50s. However, it wasn’t until the beginning of the 21st century when technology improved enough for the different fields of work within Artificial Intelligence to gain momentum.
In this context, some of the elements that have improved the development of AI include:
- Larger and more accessible data sets. Big Data and the tools associated with it have made it easier to work with large amounts of information.
- Graphic processing. The improvement in graphic hardware has also given impetus to the development of AI, specifically in the field of artificial vision.
- The development of new interfaces for the programming of applications and the rise of programming languages such as Python have facilitated the development of specific algorithms for deep learning, machine learning or the creation of neural networks.
This development and the advent of this type of elements have meant that AI applications have been implemented in all types of sectors, such as:
- Manufacturing and logistics
- Health and sanitation
On the other hand, future prospects are particularly encouraging for AI. In fact, it is estimated that the development of AI applications will grow by around 35% in the next 5 years. In addition to this, hardware designed for AI will experience a growth of around 20% for the same period according to studies by IDC (International Data Corporation), one of the main providers of market intelligence, consulting and analysis for the IT sector.
Become an specialist in AI!
Are you interested in Artificial Intelligence? Undoubtedly, it is a field that attracts a lot of attention and is full of possibilities for the most daring. However, in order to take advantage of all that this field has to offer, specialized training is required.
Training like the one we offer you at Tokio School with our Python Programmer course with a specialization in Artificial Intelligence. A training with which you will learn to create AI applications and to work with neural networks, as well as a very versatile area with which you can access new job opportunities.
Interested in being part of the AI revolution? If you still have questions, solve them! Get in touch with us and get more information about this training. Become a tokyer! We can’t wait to meet you!
We get you ready!
Artificial intelligence specialisation
"*" indicates required fields