Tokio School | 02/06/2022
Front -end developer roles and responsibilities today include several fundamental tasks involved in creating a web design.
When web design as a discipline was at an early stage, the role of webmasters involved being in charge of the design, development and maintenance of a website. As technology and the Internet have evolved over the years, these roles have necessarily needed to be diversified.
What is the difference between back-end developer and front-end developer? The front-end developer roles and responsibilities are to be in charge of generating the visual support for a web platform. He or she is in charge of shaping the design concepts and making everything fit together so that back-end developers experience no implementation issues.
As such, the front-end developer is a fundamental piece in any type of digital project, as he or she is in charge of translating visual design into a HTML code, taking the lead in the final construction of a website’s interface.
Want to learn more about front-end developer roles and responsibilities? Keep reading to find out.
What does front end mean?
The front end includes everything related to the development and implementation of the visual components of a website. In other words, the front-end development involves the programming of a website’s facade. As such, a professional, expert profile is required to perform these.
These are the front-end developer roles and responsibilities. Other profiles include the back-end developer, in charge of the development of the server’s side, and the full-stack profile, which combines both front and back end.
A front-end developer works to design a website’s structure, typography, image colorimetry… Every visual aspect perceived by the website’s users.
As such, front end programers are in charge of developing the visual side of a website. While they work on a previous base that gives them a general idea of how the page must look like, they’re in charge of programming the necessary code for it to work.
The professional profile of a front-end developer
A professional front-end developer profile not only includes the right specialized training, but also having access to certain abilities that facilitate performing this position’s daily tasks in an efficient and successful manner.
This is why we’re going to go through the key training for performing front-end developer roles and responsibilities, as well as the key knowledge associated with this training. This will also lead us to assess his or her functions and the capabilities needed to execute them.
The necessary abilities to become a front-end developer
In order to carry out the front-end developer roles and responsibilities, it’s necessary for him to present certain abilities and specific capabilities.
While so far we’ve focused on the specific technical knowledge, here are some of the key soft skills that are demanded from successful front end developer roles and responsibilities:
- Effective communication
- Problem solving
- The ability to accept criticism and mistakes
- Good time management skills
- Constant learning
Front-end developer roles and responsibilities: the required training
A front-end developer must possess specific training and knowledge that qualifies him or her to master the following programming languages:
- HyperText Markup Language. It’s the main programming language for any website.
- Cascading Style Sheets. It’s the part of website design that is in charge of defining its visual style.
- A more complex programming language, it allows for a website to present a more dynamic design.
While these are the fundamental programming languages to perform front-end developer roles and responsibilities, it’s also advisable to learn about the following:
- APIs/CMS. These are apps for interface design and content management, both very common tools for front-end developers.
- Automation tools. A professional front-end developer values time and is able to automate tasks in order to optimize work times. Many current tools can help in this area. This includes reviewing code or presenting it with the right format so that wasting time in these tasks is avoided.
- Frameworks and language libraries. This makes use of one of the main advantages of web developing, which is the multitude of already-existing resources that can be used a number of times, which ultimately translates into saving time.
- Although graphic designers are in charge of defining this, front-end developers should have some basic notions about composition, colorimetry and typography.
- Web browsers’ tools. One of the key ones allows users to inspect, debug and simulate several types of connections.
Front-end developers roles and responsibilities
The professional profile for a front-end developer is achieved through the right combination of training and practical experience, in order to develop the following knowledge:
- Website and user interface maintenance and optimization
- Generating tools and elements that improve a site’s interaction in any device or browser
- Management of work flows in software applications
- Implementing on-page SEO
- Improving usability
- Implementing new functionalities and processes
- Making UX/UI design a reality
- Improving a website’s loading speed
- Guaranteeing website accessibility
Front-end developers must be analytical and present an excellent technical base to create interfaces that work.
Yendo más allá de mi trabajo como traductora, propongo que quizás este H2, tal y como está redactado el texto, tendría más sentido más abajo (después del siguiente h2)
Learn web design!
As you can see, the front-end developer roles and responsibilities are fundamental for any web development team. Thanks to the front-end developer, a company can make sure all the work related to a project’s initial stages is well interpreted and used to its full potential.
A professional that is able to respect the UX and UI definitions that have been settled. Besides, a good front-end developer is able to facilitate work in later stages, avoiding problems in back-end implementations and website maintenance in general.
In order to guarantee you correctly fulfill front-end developer roles and responsibilities in a professional manner, you should seek advice and support from training professionals.
With tokio School’s training course for front-end programming, you’ll get all the knowledge and abilities you’ll need. Learn more here!
We get you ready!
Front end development
"*" indicates required fields